The Boeing Company Manufacturing Operations Analyst in Aichi, Japan
Japan local support for assigned Boeing work packages. The candidates performs on-site support and project integration related to manufacturing operations and supplier performance. Responsible for the execution and support of Boeing partner and supplier activities in Japan, while prioritizing the requirements of the Boeing company overall. Participates in developing mechanisms for establishing, monitoring & integrating project elements including activity tracking, production support, product support and program visibility. Uses facts & data to manage performance, coordinates actions and ensures timely execution. Responsible for interface, tracking and execution of daily actions. Formulates and executes actions such as parts availability and tracking, production status and change execution. Interfaces with management and specialists from other functional disciplines to provide leadership and coordination in support of Program execution. Responsible for program data analysis & maintaining detailed status reports to communicate status, improvement, risk mitigation plans & progress to stakeholders. Other duties and responsibilities are assigned by management. _Competencies /Experience/ Requirement:_
- Build Positive Relationships - Consistently builds effective working relationships with other project leads, internal employees, and external customers. Probes for and provides information to clarify situations. Consistently seeks and expands on original ideas from other project leads, internal employees, and external customers, enhances others' ideas, and contributes own ideas about the issues at hand. Places higher priority on project and organization goals than on own goals. Guides others in gaining agreement from other project leads, managers, internal employees, and external customers to support ideas or take partnership-oriented action; uses sound rationale to explain value of actions. Establishes good interpersonal relationships by helping people feel valued, appreciated, and included in discussions.
- Communication - Consistently clarifies purpose and importance; stresses major points; follows a logical sequence. Consistently keeps the audience thoroughly engaged through use of techniques such as analogies, illustrations, humor, an appealing style, body language, and voice inflection. Consistently frames even complex messages in line with audience experience, background, and expectations; uses terms, examples, and analogies that are meaningful to the audience. Consistently seeks input from audience; checks understanding; presents message in different ways to enhance understanding. Uses syntax, pace, volume, diction, and mechanics appropriate to the media being used; attends to both direct and indirect messages from others; correctly interprets messages and responds appropriately. Advises fellow project leads and other internal employees in effective communication techniques.
- Cross Functional Partnerships - Analyzes the organization, potential external partners, and own area to identify key relationships that should be initiated or improved to further the attainment of own area's goals. Exchanges information with project leads, internal employees, and external customers to clarify partnership benefits and potential problems; collaboratively determines the scope and expectations of the partnership so that both areas' needs can be met. Collaboratively determines courses of action to realize mutual goals; facilitates agreement on each partner's responsibilities and needed support. Places higher priority on organization's goals than on own area's goals; anticipates effects of own area's actions and decisions on partners; influences others throughout the organization and in partner organizations to support partnership objectives. Implements effective means for monitoring and evaluating the partnership process and the attainment of mutual goals.
- Customer/Supplier Knowledge - Extensive knowledge of customer's/supplier's organization, processes, policies and procedures, products, requirements, capabilities, practices, support resources, preferences, constraints, etc.
- Project Leadership - Extensive and specialized ability to direct, delegate, and ensure performance of assigned responsibilities and tasks as a project team leader in support of the overall large scale and complex projects. Extensive and specialized ability to identify and resolve project related issues and provide solutions and/or recommendations to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- Project Management - Extensive experience in creating comprehensive multi-tiered project schedules for significant Business Unit projects; identifies time frames for key project milestones and ensure alignment of sub tier activities for overall project visibility, tracking and completion. Directs and manages very complex project schedules requiring interfacing with multi regional or international activities. Independently identifies project resource requirements, integrate and direct multi project elements into a single collective overall project plan. Collaborates with others on the most complex projects assigned. Ability to direct, delegate and ensure performance of assigned responsibilities and tasks as a project team leader in support of the overall large scale and complex projects. Identifies and resolves any issues and provide solutions and or recommendations to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- Schedule Management - Extensive and specialized knowledge of schedule management and Industrial Engineering principles and best practices highly desirable.
- Problem Solving – Extensive experiences in problem solving utilizing standardized problem solving model to drive multi-functional team efforts for problem resolution is highly desirable. THIS REQUISITION IS FOR A ONE YEAR CONTRACT AS AN INTERNATIONAL, LOCALLY HIRED PERSON. Contract extension will be based on candidate performance and business requirements. IT IS NOT FOR AN EXPAT ASSIGNMENT. Benefits and pay are determined in line with local country labor market practices. Please list all of the Countries in which you are a citizen and/or have work authorization for on the top of your resume. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located, Boeing will not provide immigration or visa sponsorship for this position.If Relocation Benefits are offered on the requisition, they may be subject to management budget affordability.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Bachelor's degree over 5 years related work experience or a Master's degree with over 3 years related work experience is required.
Professional level English language capability required.
Bi-lingual (Japanese/English) capability desired.
Experience and knowledge of multi-cultural work environments with emphasis on Aerospace Manufacturing per AS9100 requirements highly desirable.
Job: *Mfg Operations Analyst
Organization: *Supplier Management
Title: Manufacturing Operations Analyst
Requisition ID: 1600018633