J&J Family of Companies ITAS Lead - Big Data Management Specialist, Data & Analytics in Chiyoda, Japan
Big Data Management Specialist, Data & Analytics Application Services
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Big Data Management Service Specialist within Data & Analytics Application Services. IT Application Services is a shared services organization responsible for the build and run of IT services and systems that deliver Johnson & Johnson technology needs and help drive global market leadership.
As an integral part of the Data & Analytics team, this position will focus on designing and developing analysis-centric BI applications using the Big Data ecosystem including cloud based BI (AWS/Redshift) and on-premise (Teradata, Hadoop) solutions to enable reporting, analytics, data discovery and data exploration capabilities. They will create complex data pipelines to transfer structured/unstructured data to consumption layer visualization and analytics tools such as Tableau, in order to provide targeted business insights to BI/DW customers across J&J businesses (Consumer, Medical and Pharmaceuticals). This role will be located in Tokyo, Japan and may require some travel.
· Work across multiple engagements in the Asia Pacific region as a service specialist in big data management.
· Lead the design, development and delivery of big data management services.
· Develop applications for data processing on big data platforms, both on-premise and in the cloud.
· Design schemas, data models and scalable implementations of data lake, data warehouse and analytical models.
· Deploy data pipelines in production based on Continuous Delivery practices.
· Work with business to understand requirements and use cases.
· Design, review, implement, tune and troubleshoot data transformation processes for large-scale environments.
· Advise business partners on the usage of different distributed storage and computing technologies and work with them to identify areas where technology can be used to make business processes more efficient (Faster, Better, More Value).
· Bachelor's degree or above in Information Technology related discipline or a quantitative field, or 10+ years of relevant work experience.
· 6+ years of building and deploying large scale data processing pipelines in a production environment.
· Experience of working with cloud based BI solutions such as AWS, Amazon RedShift.
· Expertise in data modeling and dimensional modeling.
· Programming experience with Java, Python, Linux shell scripting or another programming/scripting language.
· Knowledge of SQL and at least one RDBMS such as Oracle or SQL Server.
· Familiarity with one or more reporting/visualization tools such as Tableau, Spotfire or MicroStrategy.
· Experience of working with Agile Methodologies such as Scrum.
· Data related benchmarking and performance optimization experience.
· Strong math, analytical, statistical modeling and problem-solving skills. Ability to understand complex system requirements and recommend solutions.
· Native level Japanese and business level English language skills are required.
· Experience with conventional BI technologies and solution architecture (Informatica ETL, Oracle/SQL Server, Cognos).
· Experience of developing batch-processing applications using the Hadoop ecosystem (MapReduce, YARN, Pig, Hive, HDFS, HBase, Oozie).
· Experience of developing near real-time data pipelines with the stream processing technology stack (Spark, Storm, Flume, Kafka).
· Understanding of NoSQL databases such as MongoDB or HBase.
· Knowledge of software best practices like Test Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI).
· Healthcare industry experience is a plus.
Johnson & Johnson K.K. (8235)