J&J Family of Companies [Janssen] Pharmaceuticals Organizational and Leadership Communications Senior Manager, Japan in Chiyoda, Japan
Pharmaceuticals Organizational and Leadership Communications Senior Manager, Japan
Job Title: Organizational and Leadership Communications Senior Manager, Janssen Japan
Date of Completion: September 2016
Supervisor: Director, Pharmaceuticals Communication & Public Affairs, Japan
Division/Department: Pharmaceuticals Communication & Public Affairs, Asia Pacific
Scope of role: Japan
PURPOSE OF POSITION
· Drive high impact organizational communications that motivate, energize, engage and align Japan-based pharmaceuticals employees
· Play an active role in nurturting a culture that is grounded in the Johnson & Johnson Credo and the behaviors expected from a best-in-class pharmaceuticals organization
· Act as a strategic business partner and provide ongoing senior-level communication counsel to the Company Group Chairman and our regional leaders to support them in engaging with our employees and with external audiences, as required
· Ongoing, proactive and thoughtful assessment of internal communication needs and channels, creative application of industry / business knowledge and trends, and cross-functional partnering to develop meaningful employee communication strategies for the Japan business
RESPONSIBILITIES/PRINCIPAL DUTIES (Essential Functions)
· Drive understanding of the Japan pharmaceuticals business strategy, leading internal communication to inform, engage and align employees.
· Work with functional and business leaders to collate, prioritize and execute holistic communications strategies to drive employee understanding of the global, regional and local pharmaceuticals strategy.
· Leverage regional organizational communications to drive cultural change that inspires our employees and strengthens the connectivity of the region.
· Develop, manage and shape messages, create or leverage communications channels, develop plans and/ or tactics and provide insights and information at both the strategic and tactical levels to drive positive outcomes supporting Japan business objectives.
· Provide strategic counsel and work directly with our Company Group Chairman and Asia Pacific Leadership Team, shaping and supporting their engagement with our employees.
· Collaborate with global and local communication teams to identify opportunities for best practice sharing and to improve communication efficiencies.
· Work with HR to build an engaged culture focused around the J&J Credo, our leadership imperatives and Asia Pacific business priorities.
· Collaborate with key partners to drive change management efforts and campaigns for pharmaceuticals and enterprise initiatives.
· Manage key regional communications activities and tactics, including: Town Halls, Asia Pacific Leaders meetings, awards, surveys and internal communications channels, as well as overall employee communications plans.
· Foster a One Team mindset when working across geographies and sectors within J&J, collaborating to drive the best outcomes.
· Demonstrate credibility, passion and commitment in building strong internal stakeholder relationships to achieve positive results.
· Demonstrate a global mindset with knowledge, appreciation, and awareness of the J&J business, operating flexibly from a global, regional and local level.
· Have an appreciation, awareness, understanding and empathy for different ideas and styles of working. Serve as a champion for change and innovation. Lead with strategic intent by prioritizing, focusing and efficiently managing solutions that impact the business.
Education and/or additional training: Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in journalism/communications, marketing, human resources, liberal arts, science or business.
Experience and functional competencies:
· Proven performer with 5-7 years of experience in an employee/internal communications role with a multi-national company
· Experience working in a matrix environment and an ability to think with an enterprise and global mindset
· Experience developing successful partnerships and influencing leaders to drive tangible, measurable business outcomes
· Ability to manage complexity, multiple priorities, and campaigns at the same time
· Key problem-solving skills in developing communication strategies and actions aligned to the overall business strategy of the region and the Global Communications function
· A high degree of independent judgment and decision making
· Demonstrated ability to develop compelling stories, with superior written and oral English skills, and visual communication abilities
· Deep understanding and utilization of digital and social platforms
· Experience in managing budgets and schedules
· Professional maturity and ability to work effectively across levels, functions, cultures, regions and backgrounds.
· Ability to stay aligned with overall strategic direction while applying diligence and attention to detail in execution and reliably meeting deadlines
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job; it is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. This document is not a contract for employment.
Janssen Pharmaceutical K.K. (7195)