GE Technical Support Engineer in Hino, Japan
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Technical Support Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Japan
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for providing technical/application support of installed products to both internal/external Customers, ensuring that local services processes have been established prior to introducing new products to the market, supporting product quality and reliability activities, developing new ideas to improve productivity, developing prediction before system down and deploying product trainings.
• Primary focus will be on Cyclotron, Synthesizer, Nuclear Medicine and PET/CT, then expand to other products in the future.
• Technical support to internal/external Customers.
• Working with global and Japan product teams to drive resolution of product issues.
• Working with global and Japan product teams to ensure that local services processes, tools, spare parts and trainings have been established prior to introducing new products to the market.
• Driving product quality, serviceability and reliability improvements.
• Deploying product trainings for internal/external Customers.
• Supporting field action (Recalls/FMIs) planning and deployment.
• Troubleshooting, gathering/analyzing data, creating technical documentation, and communicating effectively with both Japan and global teams for daily work activities.
• Minimum 5 years Cyclotron and Synthesizer products technical/application experience and has demonstrated ability and expertise to handle/resolve technical/application issues.
• Experience in handling and regulations regarding Nuclear Medicine and PET/CT radiation source.
• Fluent in Japanese and technical conversational/written English skills
• Strong communication and influencing skills
• Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
• Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines. Identify and report any and all Customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
• Identify and report any personal quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
• Highly motivated and passionate team player
• High vitality, enthusiasm and engagement to drive and facilitate team dynamics
• Good analytical skills and ability to drive projects and work activities to completion
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, computer skills