Ericsson Local Communications Manager, Key Market(s) Japan in JP 13 TO Shiodome, Japan
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and create a more sustainable future.
With some 115,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
As a Local communications manager, you will have overall accountability for your key market(s) specific communications. This will be in coordination with your global interfaces.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Plan and activate local communications agenda according to the key market’s needs in coordination with global interfaces
- Align and support overall regional comms plans
- Track and analyze key market(s) editorial agendas and opportunities
- Drive local communications activation and act as single point of contact for any local communications related matters
- Build and manage key market(s) media relations & PR / outreach
- Own key market news flow, internal and external, for activation, production, and global news flow insights
- Lead on key market(s) specific media measurement
- Manage the local PR agency
- Drive key market(s) specific social media and plan/monitor traffic & engagement
- Implement global employee programs while activating local prioritized employee programs
- Activate communicative leadership approach in key market
- Activate global approach to employee engagement in key market
- Project Lead on local internal events for branding, agenda, spokes… in coordination with global interface (i.e. AEMs…)
- Interface with local stakeholders on employees comms and engagement
- Key market(s) specific issues management in coordination with global interface
- Market insight
- Business Acumen
- Ericsson Knowledge
- Marketing knowledge & skills
- News & social media aptitude
- Relationship building
- Change & leadership communication
- Issues Management
- Written communications skills
- Communication knowledge & skills for professionals
- Project Management skills
- Analytical Skills
- Leadership skills
- English skills (spoken and written)
- Creating & innovating
- Writing & reporting
- Working with people
- Adapting & responding to change
- Planning & organizing
- Working under pressure
- Managing & resolving issues at hand
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- University degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or equivalent training/experience
- 3+ years of related experience
- Experience working in a global or regional team
Preferred Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Team player
- Experience working in a dynamic and fast moving environment
- Understanding of digital communications
* This position will be mainly located in Yokohama and needs to work in Tokyo office by ad-hoc base.*
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Japan (JP) || Tokyo || JP-13-TO Shiodome || SalesStratMkt&ComMgt;