Navy Exchange Services (NEX) CUSTOMER SERVICE CLERK (Main Store Customer Service) Flex Part Time in KEN, Japan
Title: CUSTOMER SERVICE CLERK (Main Store Customer Service) Flex Part Time Location: Japan-Nagasaki-Ken-Sasebo Job Number: 1600051S
Job Summary: Performs a variety of duties in connection with NEX internal and external customer services operations. Works as part of a sales team to provide service which anticipates and exceeds customer expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities: Greets and provides specialized services to customers. Performs transactions quickly, efficiently and professionally.
Provides the following representative services: - Provides layaway services. Explains layaway policies and requirements. - Provides refunds, merchandise exchanges, and price adjustments, in accordance with NEX policy. - Takes and places customer special orders, as required. Computes cost and takes required deposit. Places orders promptly and follows up regularly with applicable Buyer/Vendor. Advises customer of delivery and updates status of order, as necessary. - Monitors status of rain checks issued to customers. Tracks orders and delivery. Advises customers of receipt of merchandise and arranges for pickup/delivery. Adjusts selling price and computes necessary accounting documentation.
Assists customers in opening NEXCARD accounts. Provides applications and basic program information. Assists customers with questions regarding their accounts, such as available balances, credit limits, etc. Accepts NEXCARD payments.
Becomes knowledgeable in NEX store policies including Richter Merchandising System functions and operation, merchandise returns, price matching, check cashing, rain checks, etc. Is empowered and responsible for resolving customer problems and complaints consistently, tactfully and intelligently, ensuring customer satisfaction as the end result. No routine issues are immediately referred to a higher level associate having authority to resolve the matter.
Interacts with customers and coworkers in a friendly and professional manner, which includes adhering to NEX dress codes/uniform standards, and assisting/supporting sales team members to the maximum extent possible.
- Communicates information to customers knowledgeably and legibly. Follows up on commitments, and handles all details necessary to successfully complete the sales encounter. Thanks customers for their patronage.
Reviews stock assortments and communicates regularly with supervisor, store manager, etc. regarding additions, deletions customer preferences, needs, and problems, etc. Participates in department meetings and actively seeks to exchange ideas regarding improvements in customer service, job performance, achievement of store/department sales goals, etc.
As required, performs cash register transactions. Performs all types of cash register transactions (cash, charge, check, layaway, gift certificate, etc.) in an accurate and procedurally correct manner.
Shops the competition to become familiar with commercial sector retail store sales events, policies, best practices, etc.
- Advises customers of upcoming sales events, and services available throughout the Navy Exchange; such as gift wrapping, engraving, delivery, gift certificates, etc.
- Maintains a high level of awareness in assigned areas and offers excellent customer service to all patrons (internal and external) in order to deter theft.
- Completes paperwork associated with merchandise/inventory movement, price adjustments, customer returns, cash register operation, etc. accurately and completely.
Assists in training new associates in store programs and policies, as assigned.
Performs other related duties as assigned. Qualifications:
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: 6 months responsible experience in clerical, office or retail sales store work of any kind in which the applicant has demonstrated the ability to perform satisfactorily in the position to be filled.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE Graduation from a full 4 year or senior high school or possession of a General Education Development High School Equivalency Certificate (GED) may be substituted for the experience requirements.
Applicant must have the following documents to apply.
• Valid Passport with valid CFAS (Commander Fleet Activities Sasebo) SOFA sponsorship (Status of Force Agreement sponsorship). • Valid Government ID Card • CFAS Command Sponsorship Letter or Family Entry Approval Letter • Proof of U.S. SSN or ITIN • Permanent Duty Orders, if applicable • Prior Military Service Members must also bring copy of DD214.