Hilton Worldwide Director, Human Resources in Ken, Japan
A Director of Human Resources with Hilton Hotels and Resorts will manage Human Resource related activities including succession planning, talent management, recruitment, learning and development and training, performance management, compensation and benefits, and employee relations initiatives.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow's savvy global travelers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brand’s reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Because it’s with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.
What will I be doing?
As a Director of Human Resources, you will be responsible for the effective management and performance of all Human Resources related activities. This includes talent management, succession planning, learning and development and training, performance management, compensation and benefits, employee relations, and health and safety initiatives. Specifically, a Director of Human Resources will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:-
- Plan and forecast the short and long-term talent requirements for the hotel to support its business plans
- Maintain a best practice recruitment approach, including the Company's vacancy management system, to attract the best applicants
- Build a strong career and succession planning system to retain and develop talent
- Implement training and development strategies to continuously improve performance and customer service
- Oversee the hotel's human resources database and payroll system
- Provide a framework for counseling, coaching, and welfare services
- Manage the Opinion Survey and the calendar of Team Member social events
- Manage and resolve, promptly and completely, all employee relations issues
- Maintain an awareness of competitor human resources activities and best practices
What are we looking for?
A Director of Human Resources serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:-
- TAAt least 5 years of HR experience (all-rounder – specifically looking for labormanagement)
- 2 - 3 years of managerial experience
- Tertiary qualifications, orother collegiate-level degree, in Human Resources or related field, required
- Previous human resourcesmanagement experience in the hotel, leisure, service and/or retail sector
- Excellent leadership skillsand exceptional communication skills (bothJapanese and English)
- Strong commercial/businessacumen
- A passion for leadership andthe vision to create a winning team
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the The Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Learn more now about Hilton Hotels & Resorts --- the global leader of hospitality.
More than 500 locations and nearly 200,000 rooms across six continents
Innovations include: pioneering the airport hotel concept, becoming the first coast-to-coast hotel chain in the US, and the first to install televisions in Guest ooms
Flagship brand of Hilton Worldwide with properties in more than 77 countries
More than 70 world-class resorts and more nearly 200 full-service spas
Harris Poll EquiTrend®, Brand of the Year - Full Service Hotel for 2010 and 2011
Number one global brand awareness in the hospitality industry
Job: Human Resources
Title: Director, Human Resources
Requisition ID: HOT03DBK