Amazon.com Assoaiate Affiliate Marketing Manager in Meguro, Japan
Two critical missions of Consumer Marketing team in Japan are 1) to drive and innovate online marketing programs to make Amazon the ultimate shopping destination for customers in Japan (and potential customers in outbound nations) and 2) to provide the best-in-class customer experience/journey with highly relevant engagement programs. Affiliate Marketing Account Manager plays a critical role in realizing both missions. The areas of responsibility include the most strategic online marketing programs that generate traffic and sales across Amazon’s websites; more specifically, the programs include Associate (Affiliate) Marketing and this position is one of the key leaders of Consumer Marketing Japan. The impact of this role is significant and broad, accounting for a large percentage of all amazon.co.jp traffic and sales. The position reports to Director, Online Marketing as interim reporting line.
Job responsibilities include the following:
· Innovate the way current Affiliate Marketing works in Japan while ensuring the sustainable business model for publishers so that they can focus more on the quality of publishing contents for the sake of internet industry.
· Accelerate Affiliate Marketing Account Management strategy which includes data driven approach for adoption strategy, communication plan, on-boarding mechanism and account development.
· Drive sales along with various marketing programs under the responsibility, while providing engaging information to the affiliate partners.
· Innovate the way we engage with our Amazon customers by leveraging the affiliate partners assets and websites.
· Innovate the way we interact with the affiliate partners, especially, with the large publishers in Japan.
· Work closely with Consumer Marketing teams overseas in designing, planning, and launching new features/programs based on Japan specific requirements.
· Help Amazon meet or exceed goals in sales, profitability, new customers, and sign up volume for various customer benefit programs.
· Develop strong relationships and work collaboratively with the product category leadership to achieve shared goals. Maximize opportunities identified through collaboration with product category teams.
· Work with Consumer Marketing finance team to pursue further upside opportunities.
· Work closely with technology teams worldwide, in areas of Consumer Marketing, Mobile, and Website Platform. Make sure the company’s infrastructure, architecture, and site features support and enhance the effectiveness of Consumer Marketing team’s programs.
· Proactively share and learn worldwide best practices, to mutually help among worldwide marketing teams and achieve goals.
· Deep knowledge of Japan Internet industry
· Professional knowledge in digital advertising and/or online publisher business
· Online marketing knowledge and 5+ years of professional experience in account management in digital industry.
· Experienced at identifying and executing successful partnership deals and large scale marketing deals
· Good understanding of Affiliate Program/Search Engine Marketing
· Ability to think big, and innovate the marketing programs
· Demonstrated skills in managing complex processes with multiple business owners, making trade-offs against business priorities
· Passion for metrics and quantitative analysis, and ability to turn analysis into actionable programs
· Strong drive for execution and delivering results
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Demonstrated ability to work with global technology and business teams
· Both Japanese and English language skills required
Preferred Experience include:
· Experience of managing people and skills to effectively direct team’s efforts toward goals
· An MBA or equivalent master degree is a plus
AMZR Req ID: 466982