Amazon.com Merchandising Planner, Fashion in Meguro, Japan
Do you want to work in one of the fastest growing and most innovative businesses at Amazon? Are you interested in working in a high impact role? Come join our Fashion team and influence the evolution of e-commerce in the fashion world. Amazon is looking for an exceptionally talented merchandising planner with relentless focus on building up the earth’s greatest Fashion consumer shopping experience – featuring relevant products from relevant brands, unique selection, innovative service, & more compelling content than any store, online or off! Merchandising planner owns the development of creative and actionable business reporting, deep diving key drivers of our business, and performing complex analysis to answer questions around our challenges and opportunities. The role offers cross functional visibility in the fashion business, exciting challenges, and the opportunity to influence and drive an exciting and growing category. The right candidate loves problem solving, obsesses over data, and is comfortable in a fast paced environment. Moreover, a successful candidate possesses superb business judgment, is highly detail oriented, and has a track record of using data to influence decision makers.
· You own the end to end merchandise financial planning for responsible categories which includes pre-season budgeting, in-season inventory management until liquidation.
· You work closely with finance team to sync up the company top-down budgeting and forecasting to bottom up category plan.
· You identify opportunities for further growth - across brands, categories, market places, customer segments.
· You closely collaborate with each category team on the execution of the above.
· You track gaps and plan in-season to refine budgets, flag financial risk and increase buying accuracy
· You support tech teams or product managers to build the next generation planning solution and automate processes.
BA/BS · 2+ years experience as a Financial Analyst, Business Analyst, or Inventory Management
Excellent written and verbal communications skills in Japanese and English
Analytical skills with extreme attention to detail
Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, on multiple projects
Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Strong communication skills and an assertive approach, whilst maintaining your ability to be vocally self-critical
Commercial experience in the Apparel category or Planning, ideally linked to retail/ e-commerce or from consulting
MBA from leading business school beneficial.
Excellent knowledge of Excel and database work, with experience in SQL as a plus
Extensive experience working on complex, cross-functional initiatives in a dynamic environment
Excellent organization skills to work across functions and upwards
AMZR Req ID: 465757