Amazon.com Sr. PM for Retail Selection in Meguro, Japan
External job description
Amazon JP Retail is looking for a talented, customer-centric Sr. Program Manager (Sr. PM) who acts as the primary point of contact for Amazon internal systems such as Lead Management, which supports lead generation and pipeline management by hosting a pool of qualified and prioritized leads, and Selection Monitoring, which enables Amazon to identify and close important selection gaps, for further enrichment of selection across Amazon.co.jp. He/she will be responsible for full adoption of the internal systems across JP Retail to improve productivity and increase revenue /profit, as well as expected to partner with US development teams and onshore/offshore support teams to gain efficiency and scale, closely working/dealing with the key stakeholders of each department. He/she is expected to manage Lead Management team, mainly taking care of the current Lead Management workflow.
Sr. PM will be an owner who is analytical and solution-focused. He/she will bring a proven track record of making data-driven decisions, identifying and implementing process improvements, fostering strong stakeholder partnerships, and advocating on behalf of customers. The candidate will have proven experience delivering results to the organization. The successful candidate will utilize and expand skills in e-commerce business management, project management, and people management.
Passionately advocate automation tools for selection expansion within Amazon.
Foster strong internal stakeholder partnerships.
Work closely with the global development team and category leaders to create a prioritized, tactical plan to set and achieve goals.
Maintain an accurate and robust pipeline and commit to a forecast of specific business opportunities within a time period.
Encourage stakeholders to adopt Amazon internal tools and collect feedback for further enhancement.
Cross functional collaboration on necessary systems and processes to support business needs.
Integrate strong and clear analysis and business rationale into sound decision making.
Demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects & business partnerships.
Manage and lead a team to address all of the above.
· Highly ambitious and a “whatever it takes” mindset. Willing to take on tasks, not just suggesting and analyzing.
· Attention to detail.
· Highly logical and can communicate complexities concisely.
· Capable of working in ambiguity. No set tasks, need to identify projects, set own goals, and work with cross functional teams.
· Self-motivated with a great sense of urgency and follow-through.
· Teamwork and willingness to roll up sleeves.
· Bias for action-Work hard and smart. Quick action based on solid analysis
· Invent and Simplify – Look for new ideas from everywhere and find ways to simplify.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills in both Japanese and English are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
Ideal Candidate has Experience in one or several of the following:
· 5+ combined years of experience in Operation Improvement consulting, Management Consulting, and Project management
· Managing cross functional teams in a fast-paced company
· Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, preferably SQL skills
· Retail/Internet experience
AMZR Req ID: 459927