Amazon.com Sr. PM, Seller Management in Meguro, Japan
At Amazon, our goal is to be earth’s most customer-centric company. To achieve that, we need exceptionally talented, bright, dynamic and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. We are looking for a Sr. Program Manager to join and manage the Restricted Products Seller Management team in Tokyo, Japan. This will role report to the global program manager sitting in Seattle, WA.
This role will be responsible for leading and managing the RP Seller Management program for Japan. This role will require working with various cross-functional business owners across many organizations, communicating regularly with senior and executive management on program priorities, risks, and management, and managing day to day operations. Your responsibilities will include:
· Creating, defining, and managing policies while partnering with global and local partner (including Legal and business teams) to gather requirements and ensure alignment on priorities, metrics for success, and operational and risk controls.
· Coordinating and ensuring quality assurance for the program’s operational workflow.
· Managing the program roadmap for coverage and expansion.
· Making recommendations to leadership on opportunities for risk mitigation.
· Proactively engaging with business and technical leadership to understand, conceptualize, and improve controls, solutions, and technical architecture.
· Balancing customer experience and against risk management concerns when making recommendations or developing requirements for control.
· Serving as a primary program escalation and contact point for seller enforcement issues related to prohibited products on the JP website.
· Working to promote transparency and understanding of Restricted Products policies, including assessing seller plans of action in response to enforcement actions. You will be responsible for minimizing the number of sellers on the Amazon platform who actively and consistently attempt to list restricted products.
This role requires strong attention to detail, solid work ethic and drive, the ability to work independently and with primary stakeholders to solve complex large-scale issues, the skill to manage both with and without authority, the ability to recommend solutions to various problems, and excellent communication skills.
Fluent in Japanese and English, both written and oral
Master’s Degree in business, finance, engineering, operations, or similar graduate degree such as a law degree.
4+ years program management experience and demonstrated success
Experience managing multiple projects at once under tight deadlines
Experience collaborating cross-functionally and with teammates
Experience presenting ideas and solutions to senior leadership
Experience with relationship or account management.
Experience working with global teams
Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to propose complex solutions and explanations in writing.
Ability to understand, troubleshoot, and describe complex technical processes and issues to non-technical colleagues.
Self-motivated with ability to work independently and autonomously.
Excellent organizational skills with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
Demonstrated skill and passion for problem solving and operational excellence.
Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor.
AMZR Req ID: 464438