Amazon.com Talent Management, Program Manager in Meguro, Japan
Do you believe that the world is yet to uncover great innovations in career development and talent management? Do you have a strong background in project management and the ability to look across multiple projects to see the overlaps and connection points that others might miss?
At Amazon, our businesses continue to grow and expand because of our customer focus, innovative technologies, and world class operations. Driving all of our businesses are talented employees who are strong owners, have the highest standards, and obsess over our customers.
As a program manager, you will help simplify and drive innovations in our annual and mid review processes, and help HR Business Partners and business leaders achieve the most value out of our talent processes. This may include analysis, benchmarking, experimenting with pilots, creating training material, and consulting with groups for custom solutions. Processes you will be engaged in include talent reviews, promotions, identifying top talent with high growth potential and succession planning. Experiments include conducting organizational network analysis in various businesses. You will also manage program and drive change management in top talent accelerated development programs.
In this role you will have an opportunity to create, evolve and grow programs at a scale that is unmatched. The Amazon Japan Operations Talent Management team works across our HR line, partners with the WW central talent management teams and business units to drive our work forward. We believe engaged employees will allow Amazon to continue to find new ways to exceed our customers’ expectations. While this role sits within HR, your stakeholders are all Amazonians and, ultimately, our customers.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of:
· Program management. Build plans with clear objectives, milestones, stakeholders, and metrics.
· Innovation. Appreciate what exists, identify why it works. Then rebuild it or build something totally different that derives even MORE value.
· Prioritization. There will be a constant flow of work, both tactical and strategic. Determine what gets done first and why, while managing a plan for what to do with everything else.
· Building relationships. Partner with HR Business Partners and corporate central teams. Share best practices, partner on solutions, and move the organizations forward together.
· Consulting. Utilize past experience, deep knowledge of processes and policies, and knowing what’s going on across our organization to create custom solutions and localize as needed.
· Thinking big. How do we building bigger, better, faster? What aren’t we thinking of?
· Communicating. Share your ideas, listen to others, follow-up, and follow-up again.
· Teaching. You are the expert in this space. Share what’s in your head. Create training, deliver it, and teach others how to do it. Scale you.
· Resourcefulness. If you don’t know it, that’s ok. But you should know where to go for the answer or how to find out.
· Bias for Action and dealing with ambiguity. Sometimes it is not clear how we are going to get there. Can you help carve a path? How fast can you do it? What are the tradeoffs?
· Numbers. Data. Love them, use them. Be more than comfortable in spreadsheets and be able to tell someone what the numbers are actually saying.
· Judgment. Take different perspectives and business needs, develop a solution that works, move the ball forward. Be able to support your opinions with sound reasoning grounded in the business.
· Strong curiosity, passion and motivation for development.
・2-4 years’ project management experience
· Proven success in developing and implementing a project/program
· Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with HR, central, and business teams
· Strong verbal and written communication skills in Japanese and English
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Knowledge of HR processes and systems that help manage, develop and retain talent
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
· Experience with measuring and reporting on business impact of talent programs
· Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
· Experience in a business environment with the practical application of leadership development, organization development and talent management
AMZR Req ID: 459560