GE Commercial Leader Renewables - Services in Minato, Japan
GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy GE India
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Commercial Leader Renewables - Services
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Japan
The services Commercial Leader will lead commercial efforts for GE Renewables supporting Services growth opportunities for Wind Equipment (GE and non-GE) with deal strategy, pricing recommendations, terms & customer negotiations. The special focus would be opportunities in Services segment with existing and new customers.
• Develop winning strategies to close profitable and executable services orders
• Network with the multifunctional GE Renewables support teams (Engineering, Manufacturing, Finance, Contracts, Project Management, Legal) to implement the transaction strategies
• Prepare and create competitive commercial proposals including terms and conditions and internal costing, following opportunities through from the initial Customer request to contract closure.
• Be principal owner and driver of transactional details related to pricing, technical, financial, and commercial inputs to support deal closure
• Contribute in developing new financial competitive models for the services proposals
• Proactively contribute to the lessons learnt process in order to optimize Customer experience and simplify GE processes
• Develop templates for standard services offerings to improve speed of response to customer, consistent documentation for Quality records.
• Support achievement of Commercial team metrics related to Orders, Sales and Margin
• Present proposal summaries including a commercial Risk and Mitigation Plan to the Risk (R) table and obtain proper
management approval for all critical items of each transaction
• Lead project specific Customer negotiations take responsibility for commercial and technical terms in close coordination with the Technical Leader and other departments
• Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent. Major in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
• Additional qualification in business management (Finance) is a plus.
• Min 12 years of professional experience
• Minimum 5 years commercial experience with services offerings for thermal/wind power plant products.
• Experience on bid preparation and contract negotiation for Wind/Thermal power plant projects is a plus;
• High motivation level, self-starter with strong leadership and negotiation skills;
• Demonstrated evidence of successful commercial performance in a team type (matrix) function;
• Ability to perform effectively in a non-hierarchical, team type environment;
• Good communication skills and confidence with executive level and Customer presentations
• Process driven and creative / flexible at the same time
• Highly committed to team spirit
• Willingness to work intensively during negotiation periods and to travel regularly