GE Network Operations Engineer in Minato, Japan
Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Network Operations Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Japan
This position is a Vice Engineer position and work on company's multiple voice, network related projects across all GE businesses in Japan.
• Support for end users, Call center users and technical support for local and regional sites
• Work with voice team to manage all voice related problems and incidents around-the-clock to ensure problem resolution within agreed service levels and with required communications.
• Work with various local and global IT teams and vendors to troubleshoot voice connectivity issues.
• Monitor all voice event logs and performance to reduce the risk of catastrophic failures.
• Responsible for billing of voice to sub-businesses including monthly telephone and usage bills.
• Create and maintain voice documentation, user manuals and train end users
• 2+ years end user voice support, 3+ years experience in IT Infrastructure or related IT areas
• Native in one of the following and business level for the other: Japanese and English
• Experience in managing TDM and IP-based voice equipment - preferably Cisco Call Manager but any other VoIP PBX experience is acceptable
• Experience in working with managing voice carriers and PBX vendors.
• Proven change management and Troubleshooting skills
• Experience in Cisco products including routers, switches, firewalls, and access points
• Experience managing complex multi-service voices services across multiple locations
• Awareness of server technologies and associated protocols
• Experience with Cisco Unified operation manager and TEMS software packages
• Strong customer focus and excellent communication skills.
• Native level Japanese and fluent business level English is required
Project Management Skills
Understanding of the business
Ability to work in a matrix organization