Amazon.com Regional IT Manager in Sakai, Japan
Amazon Fulfillment Services is looking for Regional IT Manager to help drive the execution and improvement of key service delivery processes throughout the organization and ensure that the correct metrics and KPI are in place. This organization of IT professionals installs and maintains the technical infrastructure used by thousands of Amazon associates working in Fulfillment Centers across West Japan.
This team is experiencing rapid growth as we expand our West Japan Fulfillment Center (FC) network. In this role you will provide coaching, mentoring and guidance for a diverse team of managers and engineers. You will travel to many FCs to meet members of the team, learn about the business first hand and develop relationships with General Managers and Senior Operations leaders. You will regularly manage large, cross-functional projects and interact with software developers, executives, vendors and other support teams.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• 7+ years’ experience managing technical teams
• 5+ years managing people managers
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills in both Japanese and English
• Ability to travel up to 60%.
• A Bachelor degree from an accredited university or equivalent Amazon experience
• Previous IT Infrastructure Operations, IT Service Management or IT Business Operations experience.
• Willingness to travel domestic and international
• 7+ years’ experience managing managers
• Motivates others by creating a climate in which people want to do their best
• Knows personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and limits
• Demonstrates integrity and is widely trusted
• Availability to handle changing priorities, deal with ambiguity and use good judgment in stressful situations.
• Must be bias for action, innovative and able to dive into the deepest details.
• MBA or Master’s Degree in a technical discipline
AMZR Req ID: 458747