Amazon.com Sr. Manager, EHS - Asia Pacific in Singapore, Singapore
Amazon is seeking an innovative, passionate EHS professional with experience across multiple geographies in the Asia-Pacific region. The Senior Manager of EHS will coordinate EHS activities across Asia-Pacific countries. They will report to the Amazon Worldwide Director of EHS and be responsible for aligning EHS programs and performance with Amazon’s worldwide EHS program.
As the Senior Manager of Asia-Pacific EHS you will:
Collaborate with EHS teams to align their programs and performance with Amazon’s worldwide EHS program
Provide input, expertise, and drive execution of the EHS vision and goals for Amazon
Develop long-term strategies and influence leadership decisions across multiple geographies and business types
Understand the safety and environmental responsibilities in Asia-Pacific
Oversee Asia-Pacific EHS performance metrics reporting and communication to worldwide EHS leadership
Align communication, training, and execution of the EHS programs across Asia-Pacific
Assess effectiveness of the deployed tools and revise to ensure continual improvement in the implementation of best practices in EHS matters
Drive partnership between country and business EHS and operations personnel to leverage global EHS best practices into network standards
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), stock based awards, growth potential, and a challenging and exciting work environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· Bachelor degree in occupational safety and health, or similar field
· Experience developing and implementing EHS strategies and programs across multiple facilities globally, and especially in Asia-Pacific
· Previous experience and success working in a matrixed organization
· Strong analytical skills
· Demonstrated ability to conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis to determine the root cause of EHS problems and then develop strategies to effectively address those issues
· Demonstrated success hiring and developing key leadership talent
· Must possess a comprehensive knowledge of global EHS governmental regulations
· Demonstrated experience with and success at being recognized and respected by the top leaders within the company as am EHS expert who can easily and concisely articulate related issues and solutions and utilize data to illustrate success and opportunities for improvement.
· Experience at being a hands-on leader who actively acquires knowledge of and the ability to demonstrate the effective use of established and leading edge technology, software, processes, critical information and data as well as equipment and tools required to provide innovative solutions that either transform or significantly simplify safety programs and where applicable were utilized to aid non-EHS departments in doing the same for their business area.
· Experience with identifying and leveraging industry and internal best practices to continuously improve EHS systems, investigation techniques, and related injury mitigation techniques is required.
· Proven ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, relevant data, and the presentation of alternative solutions
- Graduate degree in occupational safety and health, or similar field
AMZR Req ID: 466774