Thomson Reuters Account Manager, Media in Tokyo, Japan
Thomson Reuters is the world's leading source of intelligent information for business and professionals. Thomson Reuters combines industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, media, tax, accounting and science markets. Thomson Reuters is powered by one of the worlds ’ largest news organizations. Thomson Reuters is listed on the NYSE.
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world’s largest independent multimedia news provider, reaching more than one billion people every day. Over 2,500 journalists in nearly 200 locations around the globe deliver unparalleled international and national news coverage in 16 languages with speed, impartiality and insight to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world’s media organizations and directly to consumers on Reuters.com. Reuters stays true to the letter and spirit of the Thomson Reuters Trust Principles, ensuring independence, integrity and freedom from bias.
If you believe you can bring something special to this role, we want to hear from you. You may have a non-traditional career path, education or background. If you meet the minimum qualifications for the role, let us know in a cover letter with your application. Reuters depends on diversity of thought and you could be just what we need.
Reuters News Agency has an opportunity to appoint a Media Account Manager , Japan who will be responsible for the licensing of Reuters’ news and services. The primary function of the role is to retain, grow and obtain new business, create new opportunities and increase revenue from the region. Strong negotiation and closing skills are essential. This role requires a hungry, passionate, smart, digitally savvy, poised, and creative commercially astute, problem-solving self-starter even though under pressure . The successful candidate will be a solutions seller who can engage at all business levels with confidence and have the ability to grasp new opportunities and complex issues as they are presented. Drive and determination are a must with a “can do” attitude and a proven track record of sales. The candidate is expected to exercise thought leadership and to demonstrate an understanding of the customers’ business strategies; presenting the compelling value proposition of Reuters Media.
- Exceptional talent that can cultivate long-term sales relationships as well as scope and develop new business
- Outstanding inter-personal, communication leadership and presentation skills with ability to gain credibility, collaborate, influence and work across diverse cultures and teams (without causing offence)
- Proactive, accessible self-starter who acts as the primary point of contact for a book of business that encompasses more than one region who can pro-actively generate new business opportunities and develop core propositions and generate new business leads
- Excellent account management, time management, negotiation, strategic and tactical planning skills
- Creative solution orientated problem solver, who develops and maintains knowledge and experience of relevant products and services with strong analytical thinking
- Develops and executes account strategies by collaborating with account teams to deliver stronger, more relevant value propositions
- Process driven self starter with a demonstrable knowledge of applying established sales methodologies that generates a substantive opportunity pipeline to achieve revenue targets
- Manage the quote to cash process and recognizes the benefits of business administration and working with CRM (customer relationship management tools)
- Attend and contribute to sales meetings, presentations and training courses, recognizing one’s own contribution to those events
- Fluent both Business Japanese and English language skills
Ambitious with high energy and positive motivation
Strategically develop and execute a growth-centric account plan and own overall strategy for retention, and growth revenue as appropriate
- Consistently achieve monthly, quarterly, annual sales objectives through securing new business and contract renewals in order to meet and exceed targets
- Develop new business by maximizing revenue contribution from target accounts through a program of pro-active sales and strategic account management
- Develop a pipeline of opportunities which are systematically qualified, by managing the accounts decision-making process to ensure closed revenues
- Establish strong, long-term customer relationships and cultivate new business opportunities and continue to maintain relationships with key decision makers
- Prepare, present and negotiate Agency solutions proposals and quotations in professional format in order to acquire new business
- Serve as primary contact for all client needs, requirements and expectations. This includes but is not limited to; the management of change requests and responsibility for liaising with billing and credit control departments and customer product training as necessary
- Provide pipeline reports, territory and account plan updates and forecasts through the use of Salesforce to track customer activity in internal systems to execute on account strategy and identification of additional opportunities
- Gather and report on the competitive landscape, providing feedback to internal stakeholders and senior management
- Collaborate with account team and/or other business units in Thomson Reuters and specialists providing oversight of all account activities
- Use and provide relevant metrics and measures to routinely monitor progress against targets and take appropriate action to ensure sales and revenue targets are met or exceeded
- Develop a contact strategy with Editorial and key influencers via teleconference, e-mails, face to face meetings and customer events and relevant media
- Advocate on behalf of the customer with the Reuters account team and relevant cross functional departments
Accountable for individual expense budget management
Preferred Skills and Experience
Minimum of 4 years experience in a position with direct sales responsibility (ideally with a minimum of 2 years within a media company, a competitor or a news agency)
- Demonstrable track record of sales success and familiarity with content licensing would be a distinct advantage
- Demonstrable skills in managing multiple accounts with an ability to create, build and cultivate relationships and coordinate resources outside of direct line of responsibility
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation, organizational and time management skills
- Experienced in applying value based, consultative sales methodologies with the ability to problem solve to understand, articulate, structure and solve client needs
- Ability to develop and execute a sales plan, ability to use a variety of technologies with a high level of proficiency
- Presentation and communication skills: ability to deliver presentations and communicate at all levels within an organization up to and including board level
- Strong understanding of the broadcast and media business models and their workflows along with knowledge of wireless service providers and the markets Reuters serve
BS/BA or equivalent work experience
We aim to provide every one of our employees with a positive working environment, continued professional development and a commitment to work-life balance and equal opportunities. We are also part of a vast network of global career opportunities and actively encourage development of staff in the business with numerous internal promotions and segment opportunities.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us. To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com .
Job: *Sales Family Group
Organization: *News Agency
Title: Account Manager, Media
Location: Japan-Tokyo-Tokyo-JPN-Tokyo-Akasaka Biz Tower 30
Requisition ID: JREQ071547