Microsoft Corporation Business Strategist for Developer Marketing in Tokyo, Japan
The DX Developer Audience Evangelism Team is focused on engaging with top influencers across the developer ecosystem to enable and inspire early platform adoption wins that showcase developers creating innovative solutions around the world using Microsoft technologies. These early technology adoptions with Microsoft technologies create compelling developer testimonials, generating a new type of currency for the company that captures the voice of the customer to inspire developers of all types across the ecosystem to adopt Microsoft platform technologies to build their solutions.
In this role, you will drive and support marketing projects through strong market and data analysis and establish a comprehensive set of insights and processes using digital strategies. This person will be a passionate, analytical leader, who will be responsible for analyzing customer and market to inform our evangelism strategy and then will define and implement the approach, processes and business insights to manage the business on an on-going basis. Your primary focus will be getting new audiences influential to the market, identifying their interests, and deepening engagement with them and their community. The role requires an excellent strategic collaborator with passion for technology and logical thinking ability, for driving innovative works with wider variety of stakeholders in ambiguous situations.
Role & Responsibilities:
Business Strategist for Developer Marketing is focused on conversion in the marketplace through direct engagement (online and offline) with the audiences we address. It uses depth and breadth engagement including 1:1 dialogue, deep influencer engagement through a variety of mediums, including online community forums and digital media and speaking at 1st and 3rd party events, to convince and convert audiences to the MSFT platform.
• Analyze developer market and draw a landscape of developers as well as their connection to our technologies. Partner closely with internal stakeholders including business and technical evangelism teams to analyze data and build insight-based marketing plans.
• Identify technical influencers and communities in the market. Listen social conversations, acquire and analyze audience information.
• Build proper level of awareness, engagement and relationship across Microsoft friendly and unfriendly influencers for delivering evangelism to the market through influencers connections.
• Serve as a trusted advisor to other AEM team members to achieve their goals on developer communications, perception-shifting and evidence strategy development through drive data-centric approach and digital marketing
The ideal candidate has a passion for data-driven decision making, modern marketing, and finding creative ways to reach new, sometimes unfriendly audiences. The person has to be a highly-motivated self-starter with a strong business acumen. The person will possess excellent communication skills, including the keen ability to translate complex ideas into various mediums.
• Strong analytical and logical thinker capable of creating strategies through quickly synthesizing data and perspectives to inform clear, insights-based actions.
• Ability to deeply assess the competition and drive perception-shifting efforts that differentiate Microsoft in credible, compelling ways
• Successful track record in the technical marketing and persuasive communications discipline.
• Experience in digital marketing
Preferred Skills and Experiences:
• An understanding of the Developer audience – you have strong intuitions about what resonates with them that is shaped by your experience working on programs to drive Developer adoption of technologies.
• A solid grasp of the software industry and a strong understanding of Microsoft’s position in the technology landscape vis a vis key competitors. Experience in technical audience and/or cloud services businesses is a plus.
• Results driven; strong analytical skills with exceptional verbal and written communication
• Creative problem solving skills to prioritize, focus the team and drive initiatives forward.
• Agile and thrives in a fast-paced, often changing environment.
• Be well-connected and respected in the local online and in-person communities (entrepreneur, influencers and market experts, startup or incubator network, ISVs)
• A business and/or technical degree is required. MBA preferred.
• Business level English and Native level Japanese.
Work location - Tokyo, Shinagawa
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.