Amazon.com Data Center Security Manager in Tokyo, Japan
Amazon.com is looking to hire highly motivated, best-in-class Security Manager to provide hands on support for our Data Center locations across Japan.
The successful candidate will be responsible for compliance with regional, Japan and US government standards, have an understanding of Information security best practices (SAS70, ISO27001) implementation of new processes and adherence to existing Amazon policy and procedure relating to security guarding and hardware installation projects form single device up to full DC build outs, including build-out and installation of security control rooms and access control, intruder alarm systems and digital recording systems and other related vendor supplied services. You will be the go-to person within NRT to get new Security installations completed on time and within budget. You will be required to communicate status updates and ensure adherence to tight schedules and deadlines.
You will work with internal and external partners to maintain and enhance the security and safety of Amazon. You will coordinate physical security (security services, access control and CCTV systems, site surveys), investigations, risk/threat assessments, the volunteer emergency response team (ERT), fire and life safety systems. You will supervise employees and contractors performing specific security and safety objectives and monitor vendor performance and expenses.
• Implement performance of data center security standards, policies and practices; manage the daily operations of the vendors providing services including security, life-safety systems, training and risk assessment; conduct investigations of Code of Conduct and other violations as needed.
• Collaborate with other groups within Amazon (DC Engineering , DC Operations, etc.) and outside of Amazon (Vendors, Emergency Services, etc.) as they relate to daily operations.
• Develop security plans for on-site special events and other unique security situations to assure proper access control and evacuation procedures are followed.
• Perform data analysis and create benchmarking to support risk assessments and threat identification.
• Partner with Data Center Engineering and other Amazon business units to identify safety and security deficiencies, and develop customized policies and procedures to gain compliance with regulations internal and external to Amazon.
5-7 years of experience in physical security related operations
Experience of working with security guard service providers
Experience of training others about security procedures
Experience of process improvement on day-to-day basis
Working knowledge of video surveillance equipment
Able to investigate site security incidents and provide detailed reports
Able to analyze situations, make quick decisions and formulate action plans
Able to work independently with little direction
Proficient with computers and Microsoft office tools such as outlook, word, excel and share point to make narrative reporting or presentation in tight timeline
Working knowledge of security software systems such as Lenel
May be required to participate in on-call rotation
At least 3 years in a leadership role
Experience working in a high security environment
Conflict resolution training
Able to performing security risk assessments
CPP or PSP certifications
AMZR Req ID: 456281