Amazon.com Data Center Technician (DCO) in Tokyo, Japan
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
Amazon Data Center Operations team deploys and maintains the servers and infrastructure in our data centers. Amazon uses large-scale, high-density data centers and we support our customers 24x7 all year, so work is by shift, on-call or a combination. Our business is continuously growing and offering new features and choices to our customers, so our data center infrastructure is always dynamic and expanding.
· Installing new servers and network equipment
· Troubleshooting and fixing server hardware issues
· Supporting expansion projects
· Linux experience
· PC/Server hardware experience
· Basic networking experience
· Experience with task tracking, prioritization and escalation procedures – Trouble ticket system, bug tracking, etc.
· Experience or basic understanding of maintenance windows / change management systems - Policy, process, and procedures
· High-level English verbal and written proficiency – TOEIC 800 or equivalent
· BA/BS in technical field or equivalent practical experience
Ability to safely lift and move 22 kg of equipment
· Linux certification and/or administration experience - RHCSA/RHCE, LPIC, Linux+
· Network certification - CCENT/CCNA, Network+
· 2 years experience troubleshooting server hardware issues from multiple vendors
· Scripting skills - Bash, Python, Perl, etc.
· Project coordination / management experience
· Basic understanding of data center facilities
· English & Japanese fluency
AMZR Req ID: 373155