American Express Destination Manager (G13) in Tokyo, Japan
American Express entered the travel agency business in 1915 and today is one of the world’s largest luxury travel and lifestyle services networks.
The Travel & Lifestyle Services (TLS) business provides easy access and extraordinary service for Card Members seeking leisure or business travel, as well as a variety of lifestyle services.
Recently combined from previously separate US and International units, the TLS business now has an exciting opportunity to leverage the power of a true global network by connecting premium customers to lifestyle specialists around the world.
The American Express Travel and Lifestyle Servicing team is looking for a driven and self-motivated professional for an exciting role in Tokyo.
The Tokyo Destination Manager will be a local specialist in luxury travel, retail, fine dining, and Arts and Entertainment in Tokyo.
The perfect candidate for the role is a trend-setter with strong professional relationships in the hospitality space and is excited to leverage those relationships for the benefit of our customers.
The Tokyo Destination Managers will be the primary point of contact for Global Premium Card Members traveling into Tokyo.
They will provide a truly personalized experience by fulfilling Lifestyle, Dining, and Arts & Entertainment requests.
They will be an ambassador for their client portfolio and liaise with global internal and external partners in Travel, Concierge, and Card Services to fulfill requests quickly with little to no effort on the Card Member’s part.
This exclusive role will work with global colleagues to provide a seamless experience for our Card Members.
The Destination Manager will also be responsible for developing and managing relationships with local luxury suppliers in order to gain access and VIP treatment for our customers.
The Destination Manager will provide expertise and support to global colleagues through multiple knowledge platforms in order to share local trends and recommendations.
In order to provide clients with top level servicing, The Destination Manager will engage Card Members through telephone and email.
Face-to-face servicing will also be required. This position will be based in the Tokyo office.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
• 2-3 years of experience in a Luxury Lifestyle/Hospitality role.
• Proven interpersonal and client consultation skills.
• Excellent verbal and written business communication.
• Strong knowledge and passion of Tokyo area, trends, and luxury spaces.
• Ability to work within a team of highly motivated individuals.
• Must be comfortable servicing in Face to Face environment when required.
• Strong time management skills.
• Strong ability and interest to learn new tools and skills.
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
• Creative problem solver that works well under pressure.
• Ability to build professional relationships with a High Value Premium Card Members.
• Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external partners to drive a positive experience for the customer. Required:
• Fluent in both in Japanese / English
Title: Destination Manager (G13)
Requisition ID: 16016457