Microsoft Corporation Developer Marketing Manager in Tokyo, Japan
The DX Developer Audience Evangelism Team is focused on engaging with top influencers across the developer ecosystem to enable and inspire early platform adoption wins that showcase developers creating innovative solutions around the world using Microsoft technologies. These early technology adoptions with Microsoft technologies create compelling developer testimonials, generating a new type of currency for the company that captures the voice of the customer to inspire developers of all types across the ecosystem to adopt Microsoft platform technologies to build their solutions.
In this role, you will drive marketing executions for developer audiences. You find strategic insights that can be gained through market analysis and communication with developers who are in various spaces such as developer communities, startups, schools, and enterprises, and reach out to them based on these strategic insights, and drive their early adoption of our emerging technologies. You will also lead/support small community events to large 1st party events such as de:code, Imagine Cup for students, and Innovation Award for startups. Your primary focus will be getting new audience influential to the market, identifying their interests, and deepening engagement with them and their community. The role requires an excellent collaborator with passion for technology and the ability to take actions with proactive mind-set.
Role & Responsibilities:
Developer Marketing Manager is focused on conversion in the marketplace through direct engagement (online and offline) with the audiences we address. It uses depth and breadth engagement including 1:1 dialogue, deep influencer engagement through a variety of mediums, including online community forums and digital media and speaking at 1st and 3rd party events, to convince and convert audiences to the MSFT platform.
•Analyze developer market in different size of companies. Partner closely with internal stakeholders including business and technical evangelism teams to build insight-based marketing plans.
• Identify technical influencers and communities in the market. Listen social conversations, acquire and analyze audience information.
• Directly or through digital marketing engage developers among student/startups/communities.
• Build proper level of awareness, engagement and relationship across Microsoft friendly and unfriendly influencers for delivering evangelism to the market through influencers connections.
The ideal candidate has a passion for technology and proactive mindset who drives the execution, finding creative ways to reach new, sometimes unfriendly audiences. The person will possess excellent communication skills to interact with developers who are in different fields.
• Drive perception-shifting efforts that differentiate Microsoft in credible, compelling ways.
• Experience working with technical audience and persuasive communications discipline. You need to evolve with a higher technical aptitude, which is integral to the success of the position.
• Ability to build networks with multiple stakeholders through high communication skill.
• Result driven; ability to drive executions to achieve successful results.
Preferred Skills and Experiences:
• Successful track record in the technical marketing and persuasive communications discipline. AEM role needs to evolve with a higher technical aptitude, which is integral to the success of the position.
• An understanding of the Developer audience – you have strong intuitions about what resonates with them that is shaped by your experience working on programs to drive Developer adoption of technologies.
• A solid grasp of the software industry and a strong understanding of Microsoft’s position in the technology landscape vis a vis key competitors. Experience in technical audience and/or cloud services businesses is a plus.
• Be well-connected and respected in the local online and in-person communities (entrepreneur, influencers and market experts, student developers and professors, startup or incubator network, ISVs)
• Experience in planning and managing 1st party events.
• Experience in digital marketing.
• Strong analytical skills with exceptional verbal and written communication
• Agile and thrives in a fast-paced, often changing environment.
• A business and/or technical degree
• Business level English and Native level Japanese.
Work location - Tokyo, Shinagawa
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.