Bloomberg Economics Data Analyst - Japanese Speaker in Tokyo, Japan
Job Requisition Number: 55633
You love the pace of the financial markets. You’re always on the pulse with the latest market movements.
You’re the type of person that looks beyond the headline. You live for the detail and understand the importance of the underlying financial data that inspires breaking news, financial reporting and analysis.
You enjoy the challenge of solving complex problems. You’re just the sort of person we are looking for to join our Economics team in Global Data.
Bloomberg runs on data. As a team we're responsible for the provision of macro-economic datasets and data driven insights for APAC, especially Japanese market. We seek to continue our role as the leading source of economic indicators and analysis.
Whether you are sourcing market data from new or existing providers, processing complex economic data or implementing technology based solutions to enhance our processes and software, your work will help to ensure the consistency, quality and product delivery of our Economics Platform.
What you can expect from this opportunity?
You would have the opportunity to interact frequently with our internal and external clients, work very closely with our Economists, Business Team, Sales team, News reporters, external data sources and other internal products, focusing on the development and promotion of Economic data.
As your experience grows, you will be expected to further develop your technological expertise and contribute towards improvement of in-house tools used by the Economics data team in their daily workflow. You will be encouraged to generate new ideas about database structure and development of Bloomberg internal and external functionality.
We will trust you to:
Use your macroeconomic and data handling knowledge to engineer and process the content required to provide Bloomberg users with timely and accurate data related to major economic releases as well as more granular data that drives financial markets.
You will be responsible for researching the methodologies of macroeconomic indicators, reporting structure of national and international sources to enhance and improve the team’s existing data acquisition work-flows, subsequent data processing and back-end database architecture.
Additionally you will:
- Deliver excellent customer service to Bloomberg customers and to internal stakeholders about in depth knowledge of macroeconomic statistics
- Work closely with Bloomberg Research, News, Sales, R&D and our Product development teams to contribute to the future development and strategic direction of the Economics product
We need you to have:
- A degree in Econometrics/Quantitative Economics/Applied Mathematics/Computer Science/Data Modelling/Applied Statistics preferred or equivalent work experience
- Keen and strong interest in macroeconomic indicators and concepts
- Strong project management skills and ability handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Attention to detail and accuracy when working under pressure
- Commitment to enhancing and developing products and processes
- Good communication, presentation and networking skills
- Business level of proficiency in both English and Japanese
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.