Bloomberg Enterprise Solutions – Production Support Representative in Tokyo, Japan
Job Requisition Number: 55596
Today our clients are under mounting pressure to do more with less, as demands to reduce operational risk and increase operational efficiency have never been greater. While firms acknowledge the need for enterprise-wide data consistency, ensuring its timeliness, quality, delivery, reliability and distribution remains a pervasive challenge.The entire enterprise benefits from the consistency of Bloomberg's high-quality data when front, middle office and operations all work with the same information. Firms that commit to utilizing only highest-quality data can eliminate the data inconsistencies inherent to working with multiple vendors and lower their costs overall. A partnership with Bloomberg Enterprise Solutions (ES) allows just this, giving them strategic advantage. There is the occasional requirement for weekend coverage.
What's the role?
You're a calm, knowledgeable force in a dynamic, volatile market. You're an experienced professional ready to join an exciting environment passionate about delivering the highest level of client satisfaction. You'll provide global technical support directly to our clients of both real-time and static data ES product suite: B-Pipe, B-Pipe Feed Adaptor, Server API, Platform services (real-time local & global Pub/Sub & Data Contributions services), as well as Back Office static Reference Data License services.Working as part of an effective, reactive triage function within the ES Support structure, you’ll quickly and accurately identify the specific area of where the problem may reside and to then efficiently route the issue to the next level internally, with detailed & meaningful diagnostic & troubleshooting information to help speed up the resolution or identify root cause.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work closely with market data technical contacts at client firms to help resolve & prevent technical issues that may impact the client side Bloomberg Enterprise Real-Time infrastructure & services within their production systems
- Handle escalations to internal Bloomberg groups such as Network Operations, Global Data team, Data Feed teams, Enterprise Implementation and Engineering
- Identify methods to triage or solve technical problems affecting the B-PIPE, Server API and Data License products
- To work confidently within a team as well as to work independently and embrace opportunities to demonstrate initiative
- Take ownership of technical requests & raised technical issues reported by clients and provide direct technical support for all related ES Products & Services using telephone, ticket systems & email, and, if necessary, actually in person on client site visits
- Handle time appropriately to prioritize assigned workload, escalate issues to next level according to product line procedures & management if required
- Actively perform troubleshooting steps to recreate reported customer issues on internal, client simulated & test system environments OR by actually carrying out diagnostic work on actual client's own test/UAT systems. Analyse usage and log reports
- Maintain and actively use internal test environments & test tools for immediate technical recreation test work for both B-PIPE API use, Platform use and other ES product use
- Understand and accurately document complex product questions; determine the appropriate process to progress the issue to resolution with the relevant internal teams (Engineering, Product Management, Feeds Teams, Entitlements Management, etc.)
- Promote the use of customer self-support tools by demonstrating functionality and effectiveness to customers wherever applicable
You'll need to have:
- Technical customer support experience, ideally in a market data vendor, or within a bank / large financial institution
- UNIX / Linux system maintenance, technical networking topologies, network distribution technologies & concepts, network distribution protocols, and hands on experience of industry leading Market Data enterprise distribution systems, data feeds
- Incident management and technical issue management resolution experience
- Experience in problem solving technical network technology troubleshooting (TCP/IP knowledge is critical, along with understanding network topologies, WAN/LAN technologies, switches, routing, firewall, FTP, etc.)
- Proficient knowledge of UNIX / Linux administration & client/server system management
- Basic MS Windows OS administration & system management
- Experience using industry standard test tools to help recreate client issues
- Scripting experience in UNIX / Linux environments, with ability to analyse large log file systems
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Strong teamwork attitude whilst equally confident in making decisions independently
We'd love to see:
- Network Technology certification
- Financial Information Services Association (FIA) FISD/SIIA Certified
- Experience of industry standard Market Data Real-Time Enterprise Technologies, e.g. RMDS, TREP, WOMBAT, SR-LABS etc.
- Fluency in any core Asian Language would be advantageous, preferably Japanese/Mandarin (Japanese and fluent English are essential)
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/enterprise/?utm_source=bloomberg-menu&utm_medium=bcom&bbgsum=DG-WS-09-13-ES-bbgmenu
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.