Google Head of Japan, Partnerships, YouTube in Tokyo, Japan
For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII) or HTML version of your resume to email@example.com.
Important: The subject field of your email must include Head of Japan, Partnerships, YouTube - Tokyo.
Google's line of products and services to our clients never stops growing. The Partnerships Development team is responsible for seeking and exploring new opportunities with Google's partners. Armed with your business acumen and extensive product knowledge, you are right on the front line of interacting with our partners, and helping them find ways to grow using Google's newest product offerings. Your knowledge of relevant verticals and relationships with key industry players will help shape our great applications and content for products such as YouTube, Google TV and Commerce.
The YouTube team is seeking an experienced executive to drive growth of the business in Japan. The Head of Japan, Partnerships, YouTube, will be a creative, strategic and execution-oriented leader who will serve as the business owner responsible for YouTube’s overall performance in country, as well as the execution of key regionally targeted initiatives. You will work closely with cross-functional teams as well as local and global leadership to drive market success.
- Formulate a clear and forward-looking vision to bring together partners and internal and external key stakeholders.
- Identify, initiate, structure, and explore high-impact strategic content partnerships (such as Broadcasters, Animators, News and Sports).
- Manage and optimize existing partnerships, including enterprise partners and top creators, to support business objectives and enhance user experience.
- Prioritize partnerships and business line development through analysis and deep understanding of YouTube's product roadmap.
- Define content acquisition vertical strategies, decide where to focus efforts, and choose mix of acquisition channels/methods.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of relevant work experience in digital media and internet.
- Experience in digital distribution/acquisition.
- Ability to speak and write in Japanese and English fluently and idiomatically.
- MBA, MS or other advanced degree.
- Understanding and relationships with senior level executives and the content industry in Japan.
- Strong entertainment industry connection with key partners.
- Ability to work effectively cross-functionally with all levels of management both internally and externally.
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills with the ability to operate with flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving and collaborative environment.