Google HR Business Partner, Employee Relations and Investigations, APAC in Tokyo, Japan
For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII) or HTML version of your resume to email@example.com.
Important: The subject field of your email must include HR Business Partner, Employee Relations and Investigations, APAC - Tokyo.
People Operations strives to revolutionize human resources the same way that Google has revolutionized search. We are helping to find, grow and keep the remarkable assemblage of talent who are our Googlers. You'll be a champion of Google's culture and values, partnering with our business leaders to help them build their organizations and make sure all people decisions are based on data. Whether coaching your clients on how to lead their teams, navigating and resolving employee relations issues or managing programs that help develop our Googlers, you are exceptionally focused on putting them first, and being as clear and transparent as possible to help Googlers understand how people decisions get made.
As Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) for Employee Relations and Investigations in APAC, you will work in conjunction with the Employee Relations and Investigations team, other Human Resource Business Partners, Employment Legal, Integrity and Governance, Ethics & Compliance, Security and Internal Audit to conduct quality investigations on people issues/grievances for our offices located in APAC countries.
You will interpret policies and procedures and advise on fair and equitable employment practices in terms of both company culture and local laws and practices. You will also be a generalist who will provide human resources advice, expertise and counseling in the areas of performance management, coaching/development, compensation, organizational development and restructuring. This is an individual contributor role.
- Provide pragmatic advice and counsel to HR Business Partners on general employee relations issues in APAC.
- Provide project management coordination and guidance for HR Business Partners and managers on APAC based reorganizations and reorganizations encompassing APAC countries.
- Partner with HR Business Partners and other Global Investigations teams to ensure that the investigation process in APAC is handled in a fair, timely manner and consistent with company culture and local requirements. Ensure that APAC based investigations are thorough and include: understanding of the allegations, appropriate interviews, analysis and documentation and recommendations for conclusion and course of action.
- Assess and document local best practices for investigations, reorganizations and performance management in APAC countries and maintain storage and access of this information for internal users. Prepare, track and maintain appropriate investigation and reorganization data and documentation for APAC based investigations and reorganizations.
- Develop and provide training and guidance to APAC HR Business Partners and managers regarding employee relations issues, investigations, reorgs and performance management, localizing existing training materials where applicable.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience (or equivalent) in Employee Relations gained in either an HRBP or Employee Relations Advisory role including running and advising on disciplinaries/investigations, reorganizations, performance issues or a qualified solicitor in employment law.
- Have a general understanding of employment law principles.
- Knowledge of and experience with APAC employment law principles.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to organize and analyze data.
- Proven project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage global projects. Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to establish strong cross functional relationships at all levels and geographies.
- Ability to listen, but also to persuasively convey opinions and recommendations both in writing and orally. Japanese language skills.