UBS Financial Services Level 3 Network Support Engineer in Tokyo, Japan
Job Reference #:
Network Support Engineer
Do you have a knack for technology? Are you at your best when supporting others? We’re looking for someone like that to:
• Support the next generation UBS network infrastructure
• Uphold high standards for timely issue resolution
• Contribute expertise to the management of existing and new IT products and services
• Define workarounds for known errors and initiate process improvements
• Maintain a knowledge database
Level 3 Network Support Engineer
Country / State:
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer talented people around the world a supportive, stimulating and diverse working environment. We’ll value your passion and commitment. And reward your performance.
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Next Generation Networks Services Team in one of our major hubs - London / New Jersey / Hong Kong / Singapore / Sydney. We provide end-to-end support for the Next Generation Networks covering planning, building and supporting the networks.
Your experience and skills:
• 7+ years of proven experience working within high performing Network Operations/ Data Centre teams, ideally in the Financial Services industry.
• Strong Technical Experience in the Following areas is required
o - a natural ability to solve complex issues
o - experience in a role like this
o – worked with modern network technologies that include Juniper, McAfee, ADVA, Aruba, Citrix and Infoblox
• Responsible for the support and maintenance of large scale Network & Security Infrastructure
• Provide hands-on Proactive/Reactive maintenance and troubleshooting of Network/Security Environments.
• Formulate and Deliver Technical Trainings and participate in developing Technical Documents.
• Review technical Infrastructure changes
• Train and Mentor staff
• Develop a “Can-Do” attitude and suggest ways to improve the team performance and increase customer’s satisfaction
• Develop documentation of technical support issues using the available tools is an essential element of the role
• Work closely with Service Managers and Leads to provide effective operation support.
• Familiarity with JUNOS Space and Other Enterprise Level Management Tools.
• The ability to work unsupervised in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
• Excellent time-management, interpersonal & communication skills.
• Degree qualification in computer technology and networking or equivalent experience.
• Cisco Certified CCIE preferred.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?