Google Manager, Online Partnerships and Development, YouTube in Tokyo, Japan
For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII) or HTML version of your resume to email@example.com.
Important: The subject field of your email must include Manager, Online Partnerships and Development, YouTube - Tokyo.
YouTube's growing user base provides unique challenges and new responsibilities everyday. Fast-paced, dynamic and proactive, the Content and User Operations team serves YouTube's advertisers, publishers and users around the world. Like a diligent detective, your responsibilities are to uncover and understand common issues facing these groups, and then work with the right teams to tackle the problem. Whether surfacing issues to our technical teams or recommending improvements to the team's processes and tools, you enhance the user experience on YouTube while helping increase our loyal user base over time.
As a Manager for YouTube Content Partner Operations for Japan, you will lead a team of partner managers, which works with established, emerging and aspiring YouTube creators across the country. In this high-visibility role, you will work to implement scalable support and partner development programs, experiment and innovate to unlock the potential of our top partners and you will be a key member of a cross-regional management team driving growth for YouTube partners. You will also be responsible for setting and implementing quarterly strategy plans and will work on Japan-focused and global cross-functional projects.
- Lead, coach and manage a high-performing team driving operational efficiency, best practices and key metrics across account management and key strategic projects.
- Design and implement the YouTube Japan content strategy for established, emerging and aspiring YouTube creators.
- Assess individual team members, provide coaching, deliver performance evaluations and enable personal and professional development for each time member.
- Look for ways to innovate and optimize internal and external processes and tools to drive organizational and operational efficiency.
- Deliver keynote presentations at external industry events and/or partner events and speak on behalf of Google/YouTube with press.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of relevant experience in the online, video or media industry and new business development.
- Experience leading teams, with a focus on coaching and mentoring.
- Ability to speak and write in Japanese fluently and idiomatically. Business level communication in English.
- Broad understanding of the new media landscape and online video in general, and a desire to learn more.
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management within Google and to effectively operate with flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly-evolving team environment.
- Ability to think strategically, and ability to make changes to meet strategic needs within your market.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills and creative problem-solving abilities.