Bloomberg Network Engineer - Tokyo in Tokyo, Japan
Job Requisition Number: 55533
Bloomberg has an exciting opportunity for a motivated Network Engineer within the Market Data Engineering team, which is responsible for the day to day support of Bloomberg's market data infrastructure across the Asia Pacific region. This group is also responsible for designing, testing and implementing new market data connectivity solutions, providing Bloomberg with reliable and uninterrupted access to critical Market Data, Trading, and News Feeds from Banks, Stock Exchanges & News Agencies worldwide. You will be involved in all technical aspects of the network, from hands-on support to software driven network management and control.
You'll need to have:
- Experience working with routers, switches and firewalls
- Confidence building edge router configurations using Cisco, Juniper, and Nortel hardware
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP call setup, teardown and troubleshooting with sniffers
- Routing experience with at least 2 of the following protocols: OSPF/RIP/BGP/MPLS
- WAN experience with leased line connectivity
- Working knowledge of UNIX, including Linux and Solaris
- Experience of network projects, troubleshooting, planning installation and management within strict deadlines
- Experience with Checkpoint, Juniper and other firewalls
- Qualification such as Cisco CCNP, Juniper JNCIA-Junos, Arista ACE or equivalent
- Experience in support of networks in mission critical service environments
- Experience in fault isolation, break fix for network, firewall and Exchange related issues
- Experience in establishing, owning, and implementing service improvement plans
- Self-motivated personality with strong presentation and project management skills to interface directly with the business
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of major exchange platforms such as TSE, OSE, HKSE and others
- Understanding of financial instruments, fixed income, equity and derivatives
Network Feed projects may require some travel to meet Exchanges or vendors and to lend assistance to local personnel. You should be calm under pressure, a team player who is flexible and customer focused, with strong communication skills. You should be able to communicate effectively in English. Additional language skills would be a plus.
Working hours: Tuesday to Saturday, 7:00 to 17:00
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.