Microsoft Corporation Partner Account Manager in Tokyo, Japan
Are you ready to make Digital Advertising the next chapter of your career story? Are you passionate about bringing the latest in search advertising solutions to one of the most important and largest market in the world: Japan?
Microsoft is the destination for experienced, collaborative, and passionate digital advertising professionals seeking a rewarding career and lifestyle. We offer a compelling portfolio of advertising products, innovative solutions and the opportunity to engage with some of the brightest minds in the digital industry.
This is an incredible opportunity to grow Microsoft’s search business in Japan, by enabling and supporting our local joint venture partner with targeted and effective sales and marketing campaigns and initiatives. Microsoft Advertising has an extraordinary opportunity to drive both consumer and advertiser awareness in this market and to generate both domestic and global revenue streams.
Microsoft Search Advertising is a worldwide Sales, Marketing, and Services organization on the cutting edge of the digital advertising industry. We are the engine that powers the buying and selling of digital advertising across all aspects of our digital portfolio, through strategic alliances around the globe and including our high-growth search engine, Bing.
The individual that will succeed in this role will have deep search advertising experience and a combination of marketing, sales, and partner management expertise. This individual will be fluent in English and Japanese, able to communicate and influence effectively across a wide array of internal and external stakeholders, and have a proven track record of implementing successful sales and marketing initiatives in online media or ecommerce environments. Japan is a complex market and the successful candidate will be an innate problem solver who has a passion for tackling big challenges and driving big results!
• Develop and implement effective sales strategies and initiatives in tandem with Microsoft’s joint venture partner in Japan to maximize their effectiveness as solution sellers and support alignment to the long term strategy plan.
• Serve as focal point of contact and extension of JV management team. Effectively represent the GS3 team and partner with respect to all supporting functions.
• Partner closely with regional search business group and engineering teams to ensure successful go-to-market communication and readiness plans are in place and executed, and land new products and features in market.
• Develop strong partner and stakeholder relationships and effectively communicate across a wide array of internal and external audiences, including Microsoft JV team, JV partner, search business and technology teams, GS3 global and regional teams, Microsoft legal, PR, and executive leadership. Must be a seasoned and experienced diplomat in all written and oral communications, fluent in both English and Japanese. Communication to include oral and written ongoing business reviews, Revenue performance and planning, email updates, and status reports.
• Develop network of strong relationships with key search and media industry influencers and customers. Develop and maintain a high level understanding of the search industry and new product trends affecting or influencing the marketplace.
• Regularly engage with partner to maintain a pulse on the industry. Establish review rhythm for assessing efficiency of the services model.
• Drive business priorities and local market activities.
The individual in this role will bring deep media sales experience, strategic thinking, customer obsession, a passion for innovation and best-practice sharing, all while showing they can deliver exceptional results over time.
• 5-7 years’ experience in search or auction-based digital advertising media
• 8-10 years of relevant sales, marketing / advertising, or service experience including managing complex business partners and strategic client / partner relationships
• Strong knowledge of Japanese market, including domestic and cross-border opportunities
• Previous experience working within a global and highly-matrixed organizations
• Previous experience in managing partnerships and channel programs
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills , ability to scale across all levels of an organization.
• English and Japanese fluency required
• Ability to travel to engage with regional and global teams
• Demonstrated enthusiasm for search and technology and its use in driving revenue, efficiency, customer and employee satisfaction.
• Bachelor in Business or Marketing major
Work location - Tokyo, Shinagawa
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Business development & strategy