McGraw Hill Financial Senior Credit Product Specialist in Tokyo, Japan
Credit Product Specialist(S&P Global Market Intelligence)
S&P Global Market Intelligence’s Product Specialist organization supports S&P Global’s objective of developing and delivering integrated data, research, and analytic solutions to our clients globally.
Credit Specialist is to help drive the product success and sales growth in the region. Reporting to the Head of the Product Specialists in the region, the Credit Product Specialist role will be accountable for assisting sales in any complex and strategic opportunities. The Credit Product Specialists’ mandate is to help Sales Executives and Relationship Managers to monetize and leverage S&P Global’s capabilities, by providing significant knowledge of credit capabilities (S&P Ratings and credit research, quantitative credit (PD) models, credit and risk management methodologies, Market Intelligence content and financial data) to serve clients in managing complex credit risk and other critical risk management areas. In addition to Credit Solutions products (RatingsDirect and RatingsXpress), a specific area of focus will be the Credit Analytics business that combines a suite of analytical tools (Credit Model, PD Model Fundamentals, PD Model Market Signals, Credit Health Panel, Scorecards) with workflow solutions for credit analysts to assess and monitor the risk of counterparties and to identify opportunities in the market to extend credit, invest in fixed income, underwrite specialty insurance policies or price intercompany loans.
What’s in it for you:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with the credit products of one the most famous brands in the world, learning about the technical aspects and best practices of how creditworthiness for counterparty risk is assessed.
• This is a brand new team in this region, allowing the successful applicant to help set the standards of the operational rhythm for the product specialist team.
• This role provides great exposures to our clients and prospects, as well as to regulators and policy makers.
• The role also provides room for publications of thought leadership pieces, which can be presented in many of the conferences that we participate in.
• Responsible for developing campaigns and strategic initiatives for driving revenue growth for segment-specific sales.
• Develops and implements improvement initiatives and standardizes strategies to improve sales revenues. Oversees collaboration with commercial, product and other functional partners.
• Ensures the alignment of team efforts to sales strategy. Stays well connected to strategic customers in the market.
• Aligns with commercial strategy and helps team execute high level strategic pre-sales and post-sales implementation plans. Promotes S&P Global Market Intelligence thought leadership.
• Serves as subject matter expert across functional groups. Collaborates internally to design and deliver training across functional teams.
• Has advanced knowledge of the industry and awareness of market trends in the region.
• Demonstrated proficiency in all S&P Global Market Intelligence credit capabilities.
• Keen awareness of competitors and relative strengths.
• Knowledge of one or more segment workflows (Corporates, Investment Management, Commercial Banking, etc.).
• Leads complex negotiations of client workflow solutions. Focuses on more sophisticated and complex clients.
• Mentors team members. Liaises with senior commercial management regarding technical challenges for prospects and clients.
• Establishes relationships with sales reps, relationship managers, product managers and commercial directors to diagnose, design and deliver workflow solutions for more complex clients. Has solid credit knowledge and is critical resource for the team.
What We’re Looking For:
• Bachelor's degree.
• 3-10 years relevant industry experience and a proven track record in complex technical sales.
• Minimum of 5 years in sales or product, preferably in credit research and risk management
• Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing in both Japanese and English. Public speaking skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels with an organization
• Experience in a direct credit risk management or lending role.
• MBA, advanced industry certification, or technical degree is a plus.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE:
SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit,S&P Global Market Intelligence