Google Software Engineer, Robotics Software Framework (Robotics), X in Tokyo, Japan
For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII) or HTML version of your resume to email@example.com.
Important: The subject field of your email must include Software Engineer, Robotics Software Framework (Robotics), X - Tokyo.
We believe there are many problems in the world in which robotics could play a significant role in making it easier, faster and safer for people to get things done. We’re looking for roboticists, designers, hardware and software engineers to help us explore these possibilities, develop breakthrough technologies, and build new products that could help millions of people.
As a member of biped software team, you will develop and maintain software framework for biped robot system to increase engineering productivity, system robustness and stability. (The framework includes inter process communication, real-time computing, testing framework, logging framework, build system, interface with physical simulation, web-based GUI, Linux native GUI and so on.)
- Understand currently existing biped robot software framework and the needs for improvement. Implement an appropriate timeframe for early stage development.
- Utilize existing software components in Google and open source projects and integrating them to the biped robot system when needed.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with C, C++.
- Experience on designing, implementing, and maintaining software which requires inter-process communication.
- Experience in software development on embedded system, real time system, robot system or biped robot system. Experience building and managing continuous integration environment (e.g. experience on CI framework especially Jenkins, storage server management etc.)
- Strong knowledge on Linux kernel and/or C++11/14.
- Strong knowledge on existing software frameworks / components in Google and/or existing software frameworks / components in various open source projects.
- Being passionate about biped robot development.
- Being comfortable with navigating ambiguity in an early-stage project. Being able to thrive in a very fast changing environment.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Fluency in Japanese and English.