UBS Financial Services Trade Floor Desktop Support Analyst (Contractor) in Tokyo, Japan
Job Reference #:
Do you have a knack for technology? Are you at your best when supporting others? We’re looking for someone like that to:
• support the Service & Product Manager across several technical domains
• uphold high standards for timely issue resolution
• contribute expertise to the management of existing and new IT products and services
• define workarounds for known errors and initiate process improvements
• maintain a knowledge database
Trade Floor Desktop Support Analyst (Contractor)
Country / State:
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer talented people around the world a supportive, stimulating and diverse working environment. We’ll value your passion and commitment. And reward your performance.
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Group Technology Desk Aligned Services team in Tokyo - Japan. We provide the support to infrastructure for Information Technology systems, which are used by UBS Business.
Desk Aligned Services provide support to the trading floor front office business in the bank, ensuring the quality and stability of the desktop and hardware environment to support requirements and activities requested by the business. UBS provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
Your experience and skills:
Workstation and trade floor desktop support:
• Service NOW OSS Queue Management
• Incident management and problem management
• Troubleshooting Desktop environment
• Work on complex 3rd level complex technical issues
• Hardware Support. Break fix, installations and coordination of moves and changes.
• Relationship management with Business Managers in the front office
• IT project assistance
• Incident management and problem management
• Trading application support and triage
• Joiner, mover and leaver support and coordination
• Liaising with IT teams across the bank to resolve incidents within SLA
• Root cause analysis, attend regular global calls with engineering. Liaise with product owner or engineering teams
• Escalation of issues/ problems to appropriate owners/ teams
• Blackberry troubleshooting and support
• Inventory management
• 7am to 7pm/ 5 day support, rotated on a roster system with chance of out of hours and weekend work
• Standalone PC support for 3rd party applications
• BCM inventory management, maintenance and support (i.e. Isolation testing, Periodic readiness check)
• Site power down/ up support activities and annual Isolation testing
• Local regulatory/ legal compliance related mandatory training assignments
• Technical certifications preferred such as MCSE, MCDST and ITIL
Product & Process Knowledge
• MDS Application support and troubleshooting. Bloomberg / TR Eikon / Factset / IRESS
Essential Technical Skills:
• Win 7
• MS Office 2010 + application suite
• Market Data Applications knowledge and support (Bloomberg, Reuters, Factset and Quick)
• Blackberry / iPhone / iPad
• A confident communicator that can explain technology to non-technical audiences
• Capable of understanding client needs and translating this into products and services
• Capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing incidents accordingly
• Able to remain calm in highly stressful environment
• Flexible and a team player
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
• Supported both packaged and custom solutions
• Fluent in Japanese and English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?